MySims SkyHeroes is the sixth and final installment of the MySims video game series. It was released on September the 28th, 2010 in North America, while it was released on October 1, 2010 in Europe.
Its existence was confirmed when Electronic Arts filed a trademark protection for the name "MySims SkyHeroes" on January 26, 2010  in relation to “Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Video game software”. A second filing for MySims SkyHeroes covers “Entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game; Provision of information relating to electronic computer games provided via the Internet”. EA officially announced MySims SkyHeroes to the public on May 4, 2010.  A trailer, along with several screenshots and character renders was revealed (see trailer below after the Tabs).
ABC Software also listed MySims SkyHeroes for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.  With this fact, MySims SkyHeroes was the first MySims game to date that is on a non-Nintendo console (excluding the PC and Mobile Phones). Also this is the first MySims game to contain Cameo Characters (MySims Agents had "sim easter eggs" of some of these characters, but they were not considered a character) with Cmdr. Shepard from the Mass Effect franchise, Elliot Salem and Tyson Rios from the Army of Two franchise, Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, Morrigan from the Dragon Age franchise, and Dusty from the Medal of Honor franchise.
Take to the sky to lead the resistance against Morcubus and his drone army and to stop his plans to take over the skyways. MySims SkyHeroes is an all new adventure that brings the thrill and high speed action of flying to the creative, immersive world of MySims.
Go from unknown pilot to celebrated hero as you defeat dangerous enemies in aerial dogfights, test your reflexes in fast-paced speed challenges, and take on massive enemy bosses that demand all your skill as a pilot to survive. As you progress, you build, customize and tune your aircraft to give you an edge in combat – upgrade your wings for swifter maneuvers, switch out your engine for a speed boost, or change the paint job to camouflage your plane and avoid enemy fire.
Face Morcubus’ drones with an ally in split-screen cooperative gameplay, or take the game online to challenge your friends in fun, competitive 10-player high speed action.
Morcubus and his drones must be stopped; will you rise to the challenge?!
Trailers and Gamplay VideosEdit
- Gameplay Trailer
- Power-ups Gameplay Video
- Multiplayer Gameplay Video
- Create-A-Sim Gameplay Video
- Arial Gameplay Video
- Racing Gameplay Video
- Official Trailer
- MySims Dead Space Parody
- MySims Army of Two Parody
- TV Spot Advert
Demos and Hands-On PreviewsEdit
- ↑ http://www.ea.com/news/ea-to-showcase-anticipated-2010-titles-at-e3
- ↑ http://www.simprograms.com/mysims-skyheroes-release-is-when-exactly/
- ↑ http://www.trademork.com/mysims-skyheroes/
- ↑ http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77920468
- ↑ http://news.infinitesims.com/318/mysims-skyheros-on-ps3-and-xbox360/
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/05/mysims-sky-heroes-flying-to-ds-wii-xbox-360-and-ps3-this-fall/
- In the DS version of the game, Summer and Derek find you. But in the Console version of the game, Selena and Derek find you.
- Tiger makes an appearance in the Dead Space spoof trailer for the game, but doesn't appear in the game.
- Before MySims SkyHeroes went under production, EA was working on a direct-sequel to MySims Agents called MySims Agents 2. However, it was removed from production in Fall 2009, and the company began planning for MySims SkyHeroes. Some say this is why there was a large stretch of time between MySims Agents and MySims SkyHeroes, as most expected to have 3 games released in 2010 just like 3 games were released in 2009.
- During production, MySims SkyHeroes was known as MySims Flyers.
- The DS is the only MySims SkyHeroes version that retains it's original ESRB and PEGI (Which MySims Agents and prior games have used) ratings as the console versions are ESRB E10+ and PEGI 7+
- In the first circuit, you fly over the temple of the Sun, the final location in MySims Agents.
- Advertisements for MySims SkyHeroes features Sims speaking full, English dialogue. Ironically, everyone still speaks Simlish in the games.
- MySims SkyHeroes is a comparasion to EA's previous flight games like Strike Series (Helicopter) & Wing Commander because EA revive back the Wing Commander with cartoon style of MySims characters that is like that.
- Along with MySims this is the only game thats not a Nintendo exclusive. In this case it is PS3 and Xbox 360.
- This is the only game that your sim worked for Morcubus.